New York City Quarantine Film Festival
Presented by Inwood Art Works, producer of the acclaimed Inwood Film Festival and Film Works Alfresco programs in NYC.
The purpose of the New York Quarantine Film Festival is to encourage New Yorkers to express their creativity, celebrate their city, exercise their resilience, and have some fun while staying safe in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Films must be shot, while practicing safety and social distancing, in your quarantined area located within the five boroughs of NYC.
• Films can be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
• Films must be shot with your phone.
• Films should be submitted in the following genres: Comedy, Drama, Horror, Kids (made by Kids 12 & under).
Submissions open May 18, 2020 and close May 29, 2020 on FilmFreeway – No Submission Fee, suggested donation of $3 to Inwood Art Works.
All entries that follow the guidelines will be “officially selected” as part of the NYCQFF and posted to Inwood Art Works YouTube channel in a “NYCQFF Playlist.” The films with the most likes by the general public at the end of the voting period from June 1- 13, 2020 receive awards.
Please submit downloadable MP4s.
Filmmakers will be awarded $250 each for the “most liked” films for the following awards voted on by the general public:
• Five “Best in Borough Awards” for the most liked film submitted from Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
• Best Comedy Film – for the most liked comedy film.
• Best Dramatic Film – for the most liked dramatic film.
• Best Horror Film – for the most liked horror film.
• Best Kids Film – for the most liked film made by a kid, 12 and under.
Special Bonus: The “Top 10” liked films, along with the awarded films, will get a public presentation (post-quarantine) in NYC Parks in 2021 as part of Inwood Art Works’ Film Works Alfresco outdoor cinema series.
SUBMIT YOUR FILMS AT: https://filmfreeway.com/NewYorkCityQuarantineFilmFestival
Thanks and have fun!